Before you can sit your practical driving test you need to pass your theory test. Below are some of the key areas associated with this.
• The theory test is the first vital step toward obtaining a full driving licence, although you need not pass the theory test before
beginning practical driving lessons.
• The theory test is computer-based with 2 parts taken together.
• The first part of the theory test is comprised of 50 multiple choice questions which are answered using a touch-sensitive
display. Ascore of 43 is required to pass.
• The second part of the test is known as "Hazard Perception" and involves watching video clips of driving situations. You must spot a
potential hazard as quickly as possible and identify it by clicking a mouse button to score a point. A score of 44 out of 75 is required in
order for you to pass.
• To help you prepare for the theory test I can provide homework that consists of questions taken from the theory test question bank.
Booking your theory test
• The theory test may be booked on-line at www.dsa.gov.uk.(See link)
Where can I find practice questions?
• Practice questions are available online or you can purchase a book in relation to the theory test. Click here
Where is my nearest Theory Test Centre?
• Theory Test Centre is in Dumfries. The address is:- Unit 3, 77-79 Whitesands, Dumfries, DG1 2RX.
Click here to find other Theory Test Centres.